Friday 29 July 2011

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?



Nowhere!!



The humans went to London but didn't take me. They weren't going to look at the Queen, but they were going to Buckingham Palace to look at the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress.



Really, it wasn't that much of a "Meeoww" that they didn't take me. There is no photography inside the Palace so I wouldn't have got any pictures there.



The humans were quite impressed - although Mikki couldn't help thinking the dress looked better when on the bride. It was easy to see a lot of the detail. Apart from the dress itself, there was a sample of the lacework which you could get up close to (it was under glass) so even Andrew got some idea of how much work had gone into it. They saw the nice shoes Catherine wore and a silk representation of the bouquet.


The wedding cake was on display in another room. According to the notice by it, only the top three tiers have been removed (the third tier being the one eaten at the reception). They had been replaced by decorated dummies but for the rest, the humans were looking at the real thing. I wonder what will happen to it.



There was also an exhibition of Faberge items owned by the Queen. As well as some of the famous eggs, there was a great range of other things that amazed them - including flowers and animals. There was a elephant, a racehorse, and a d*g. They didn't mention seeing a cat. Well, you can't have everything.



In the picture, I'm looking at some of the things they brought back: a hand towel, a loving cup and some postcards. There was nothing special for me but I'm happy about that, I'm just glad to have them back to give me a cuddle. They were away for less than 10 hours.



Prrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment