Thursday 24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, U.S.A.

My humans and I have been in the USA twice over Thanksgiving.  It was quite good fun although, of course, it doesn't have the same meaning for toy kittens or British people.  Anyway, I hope everyone in the US is enjoying the time with their families.  I really don't mind if you haven't read this until a few days later!

The best picture I could think of for Thanksgiving is this one of me with Pocahontas.  I hope nobody thinks this shows disrespect for - or even total ignorance of - American traditions.  Disney are hardly famous for slavishly following facts or an original story but I don't think even they claimed Pocahontas was part of the first Thanksgiving.  That owes more to my humans' love of the film "Addams Family Values" and the wonderful performance of Christina Ricci as Wednesday.

My humans learned more of the real traditions of Thanksgiving the year they decided to visit Wal-Mart the next day.  Gosh, that was an experience!

Meanwhile, Mikki has continued preparations for our trip to WDW.  Yesterday, she filled in the ESTA forms and got approval for the humans to enter the USA.  Lucky for her they didn't ask difficult questions - like "Do you like Pumpkin Pie?".

Happy Thanksgiving.

Prrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment