Monday 1 August 2011

Bath Day

"Bath Day" is one of my favourite Disney classic shorts. That's hardly surprising. It is one of very few where Figaro was the star and it reminds you that Figaro does appear as a star in his own right. That's very rare for characters other than the "Fab Five" of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy.



Figaro is just like most real cats: he does not like having a bath one little bit. And I am true to my character because I don't like it either. But it is something my humans sometimes insist on before we go on holiday (vacation). I have to admit I do come out looking cleaner and that makes my pictures look even better.



The picture shows Floppy cat and me waiting to dry after coming out of our bath. it takes about a day to dry out fully. That's a day without a really good cuddle!!!



Oh, behind us you can see another of my humans' pictures. This one's not of Figaro but of the pesky pixie, Tinker Bell. You can see it has two signatures: of Allison Lefcort (the artist) and of Tinker Bell herself, Margaret Kerry. We met Margaret a few years ago in Warwick and she signed the picture for us. She was really nice.



Once I am dry from my bath, Mikki helps me look even smarter. I am very glad to report my Mikki does not treat me in anything like the way Minnie Mouse treats Figaro. No bow; No perfume. My Mikki does do a little repair work on my nose and eyes after the bath because the water can wash away a little of the black.



The best thing about the bath is that it means the Disney trip is not far away. Prrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment