Tuesday 28 February 2012

Getting Older?

I love going to nice places, like Disney parks, and putting up pictures of them.  But I live the rest of the year here in Lincolnshire (England) with my humans.  And they have an awful habit of teasing me.  A favourite trick is to make jokes about my age.  They wouldn't be allowed to do this about other humans.  I'm only 19 but they allege that's old for a cat.  Does anyone know how "toy cat years" translate to human years?

We've had problems recently because the humans have been buying silly things to put on the bed (which I allow them to share with me).  It started with some soft throw rugs Mikki bought from Disney World.  First there was a brown one with Mickey Mouse on.  In January, she added one of Cinderella Castle.  She likes them both but they have a habit of depositing fluff and fibres on me when I touch them.  The last straw has been a new undersheet that does the same.

Of course, the humans never accept responsibility.  They say it is my fault. They say I am getting old and my fur is getting stiff so it picks things up. For most of yesterday, they even put me on the bedside cabinet (Shelved!! Meeoow!).  I know they think it is all playful teasing, but a toy gets worried.  And I'm pleased to show you how things are now.  Andrew found this nice special sleeping bag for me so I can still get lots of cuddles without getting anything stuck in my fur.

The real worry for toys is not that we get old but that our humans do.  Mine are well past the age most stop playing with toys but they may still decide to stop looking after me and my "family".  I heard a rumour that there is a box in the garage where they have the toys they had as children (Mikki's bears and Andrew's lions) but even storage can't last for ever.

Oooh, give me a cuddle and let me sleep.  And next time, find me a nice picture from Walt Disney World.

Prrrrrr.  Zzzzzzz..

No comments:

Post a Comment