Sunday 4 March 2012

Figaro on "House of Mouse"

I've had lots of fun the last couple of days but I haven't been able to tell everyone about it until now.

All this month, Mikki is running a quiz for one of the Discussion Boards she visits.  One of her first questions was about Daisy Duck's nieces, April, May and June.  Now Mikki has posted the answer, I can tell you what got me excited.  One entrant told her about them appearing in the "House of Mouse" show called, "Ladies' Night".  This set Mikki off to look at the show - and prove the entrant right (bonus point for that).

But the important thing is that this is also one of the "House of Mouse" shows where Figaro appears.  He is in the "Daisy Bothers Minnie" cartoon.  Naturally, I have been looking at the cartoon on "You Tube" and admiring how handsome Figaro looks.  He has some resemblance to me, don't you think?


The story is about Figaro having a nice evening at home being stroked by Minnie Mouse when Daisy Duck (towards whom Figaro is very tolerant) turns up and takes over the place.  Then an escaped lion (towards whom Figaro is very brave) attacks them.  The day is saved when all the bath water Daisy has run washes the lion back to the zoo.  As you can see, Figaro has a prominent part at this point so I think it is fair to say he is the real hero of the piece.

He also appears to be enjoying the soapy water far more than in his classic short, "Bath Day".  Perhaps he has mellowed over the years.  Or perhaps, like the great star he is, he just plays the part he is given.

I enjoyed watching this bit of "House of Mouse".  There is still a lot of fun and energy in these little shows.  I know my more purist friends will say the animation is nothing compared to the classics like "Pinocchio" and the shorts of the 1940s but I just like to see Figaro is still about.

Prrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment