Monday 7 May 2012

Ullswater

Time to catch up on the trip I took to the English Lake District with my humans last month.
Across most of Britain, the weather was very wet and the forecast was that the Lake District would be one of the wetter places (where do you think all those lakes come from?).  In fact, we were very lucky.  We had scarcely any rain during the day while we were out, although Mikki could see it rain around us several times.  We had one day of lovely sunshine.

Early in the week, we went to Cockermouth, a town that had some terrible floods a couple of years ago.  We saw the birthplace of the poet Wordsworth there.  During the flood, the cellar of that house was full of water.  The humans were very impressed at how well the house and the whole town had recovered.  They had lunch there - and bought themselves and their family sweeties as treats.  I don't need that sort of thing:  just cuddles.

This picture was taken on the edge of Ullswater on a day that was cloudy but dry.  As you can see, I was very brave and went out onto a rock to pose for the camera.  That day we also went to a big house which holds a marmalade festival each year.  The humans bought marmalade for family members they would be visiting later.

I think I enjoyed the trip to the Lake District.  There was a lot of driving around in the car.  I always sit in the front for long car rides so that the humans can stop me getting bored.

That water looked cold and mucky.  Wasn't I brave?

No comments:

Post a Comment