Saturday 28 July 2012

Quirky, Crazy and very British

My humans watched some of the Olympic opening ceremony last night (Mikki watched more than Andrew:  once Andrew's in bed he doesn't stay awake for the television, whatever's showing).  They also recorded it and watched the rest today.

There was some clever story telling in it and some fun fantasy.  I was pleased when Mary Poppins turned up.  It reminded me of when my humans and I met her.  Somehow I have been left out of this photo taken during breakfast at the Grand Floridian resort.  I also met her in Epcot but she wasn't wearing her formal outfit then.

Walt Disney was a very clever story teller and never missed a trick with clever ideas.  I liked it when, in the original "Fantasia", Mickey Mouse went up to shake the hand of the conductor.  My humans saw this happen again, live, during the London premier of "Fantasia 2000" at the Royal Albert Hall.  By then it might seem an old trick, but the old ones are the best (as I keep telling the other toy Figaros in this house).

Generally, the Olympic opening ceremony has been called quirky, crazy, very British and things like that.  I suppose it was a bit crazy.  Then, British people do crazy but very nice things, like letting their toy cat write a Blog.

And giving him a cuddle.

Prrrr.



No comments:

Post a Comment